Catacombs in Lima

Hi mates!
I don't know if you know what catacombs are, but they were so common in the days that people were so religious and wanted to stay in the death close to god, so they ended sepulchred below the churches and cathedrals. One of the most iconics catacombs in the world are in Paris, and is as big as the city that is above them. They make ossuary with the bones in some places. 

When I was living in Peru I visited the catacombs there, with my parents in a church that is only one block away from the Pizarro's house and it was amazing! When you enter there you saw a big hall that has in the corners things like boxes with different bones trying to separate them by what type of bone they are. After that we enter into a kind of room that has skulls everywhere and there was a mini tower made from hip bones and skulls, and if you look down there you can see a giant deposit of every kind of bones and in every size.
The guide told us that the church collapse and they have to throw away some bones and bodies… and when the mass celebrates sometimes it has a gross smell because of the bodies below. 

Comentarios

  1. Hi Yess:
    Ohhh, I find it amazing your description about catacombs. How could I get that serve ??
    Regards!!

    ResponderBorrar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas más populares de este blog

My Family!

My blog experience

A special meal